I am now on day 8. Observations that I've had so far:
- Shooting a pic a day isn't that difficult if you don't think about it too hard. The challenge is to take a photo a day, not to create a masterpiece each day.
- I find that I'm shooting less in a session than I normally would so that I don't run out of things to shoot. I'm not sure why this is, as there are zillions of things to photograph in the world, but I find myself stopping after I get a usable shot. I don't want to use up my mental list of ideas too quickly.
- There are Flickr groups for everything. Seriously, today's photo was of a chair. Out of curiosity, I searched for "Chair" on the Flickr site, and sure enough, there is a Chair group. In fact, there are multiple chair groups. Same for "Doorway" (yesterday's photo), and "Cold" etc. It boggles the mind.
- I'm still not used to carrying my camera everywhere. It feels weird. It may be that it's because I'm carrying around a naked DSLR with no case, so it's obvious that I'm carrying it. On the other hand, I decided to leave it at home today since I had already posted the day's shot, and it felt strange to not have it with me. Not really what I expected after only eight days.
- My family hasn't said that I'm crazy. I'm pretty sure they are thinking it, but so far they haven't said anything.